1. Most seem to hate the actual clock-changing and its disruptive negative impact, which represents the crux of the bill introduced by Russ Diamond to the PA House.
2. A fair share of folks seem to want permanent DST (Daylight Savings Time) instead of Standard Time.
3. Permanent DST requires congressional approval. Since Marco Rubio couldn't engineer that on behalf of Florida last year, in 2018, I seriously doubt US Senator, Bob Casey, D, has the clout to manage it for PA. Permanent Standard Time requires no congressional approval. None want to go begging to Congress in DC. Have you seen Congress lately?
4. For those lobbying for permanent DST, one doubts that love affair actually exists on those hot muggy days in June, July and August. Most will choose to be indoors in the air-conditioning watching Netflix rather than running around getting all sweaty catching butterflies or whatever until 10 pm. Just a hunch.
5. Permanent DST also means mornings would be one hour darker in winter. That solution causes a worry about kids and commuters heading off to school and work in greater darkness.
Links to various news sources:
- Video news report Alex Peterson TV on Facebook. Eliminating daylight saving time in PA?